Guest Blog Author: Michael Bowling, VP of National Sales at ContactUS
Ben Nemtin (best-selling author of What Do You Want To Do Before You Die?) was one of the keynote speakers at the ICMI Contact Center Expo and Conference in Fort Lauderdale, and boy did he close the show on a really inspiring note!
Ben relayed his personal story to the audience:
- In a pit of depression, Ben and his three best friends decided to create the world’s greatest bucket list to make them feel alive. They bought a rickety old bus and criss-crossed North America, achieving the unthinkable. And most importantly, every time they accomplished a dream, they helped a complete stranger cross something off their bucket list. From playing basketball with President Obama to streaking a professional soccer field, from raising over $400,000 for charity to placing a record-breaking $250,000 bet on roulette—Ben’s bucket list quest has inspired millions to chase their dreams and realize that impossible is possible.
Ben relayed it, in such an inspiring way, that I’ve already seen several ICMI attendees publish their personal bucket lists on LinkedIn.
It’s hard to put Ben’s presentation into words, but here are some nuggets of wisdom that I captured.
- Surround yourself only with people that inspire you in order to live your best life
- “The two most important days in your life are the day you were born, and the day you find out why” (Mark Twain)
- By doing what you love, you inspire other people to do what they love
- Creating a bucket list is “just a catalyst”. Makes you stop and think “what’s important to you”
- Prioritizing your own goals isn’t selfish, it’s important to you, others around you, your career, and your legacy
Ben’s 5 steps to make the impossible possible.
- Write—when you write down your goals, you’re 42% more likely to make them happen.
- Share—when you share goals with others, it helps them help you achieve them!
- Persist—Ben asked President Obama 1000 times to play basketball through every channel. You only need 1 yes
- Moonshots—dream big and take big shots. There is less competition
- Give—giving to others fills you up in a way that other things don’t!
Ben closed by saying “happiness is only real if it is shared”. If ever given the chance, GO SEE BEN SPEAK LIVE!
About CH Consulting Group
CH Consulting Group is a business management consulting company that is
comprised of a nationwide team of Customer Experience Consultants who
specialize in the Omni-Channel Contact Center. We are Thought Leaders from
multiple industries with more than 250 years of combined industry experience
and a far-reaching network of contacts in the space that can help support all
our clients’ needs. We help navigate the needs of our clients with a creative,
holistic and collaborative methodology, bringing a proven track record, the
right tools, services, and processes to the table for both immediate value and
ContactUS Communications is a U.S. based contact center services
organization supporting global brands across a variety of industries. Our
highly experienced management team delivers outsourced customer care, inbound and outbound sales, customer retention and win-back programs, as well as technical support. More recently, we have launched our technologies division focused on value-added integrations to CX Cloud software providers and launching our own software solutions focused on the customer journey.