If Customer Experience is the new battlefield, where the fight for profitability, growth and customer…
An Omni-Channel Strategy is a Necessity Amid the COVID-19 Pandemic
- Christa Heibel
- 24 June 2020
Due to the Coronavirus pandemic, many brick and mortar businesses and schools have been told to shut down their operations, and people have been asked to stay home and to work from home. This has led to a surge in internet usage as well as businesses pivoting to providing more online options for selling their products and services to meet the shift in customer demand. Due to these changes, it has become especially important at this time to provide customers with a great omni-channel experience.
Changes in Online Usage
Due to the COVID-19 quarantines that went into effect in Mid-March of 2020, the usage of digital means of communication and online shopping have significantly increased. According to an article by ABC News, AT&T reported the following usage information:
“Wireless voice minutes of use were up 39% compared to an average Monday. Wi-Fi Calling minutes of use were 78% higher than an average Monday. Consumer home voice calling minutes of use was up 45% from an average Monday. The company said its core network traffic, including ‘business, home broadband, and wireless usage,’ was up 27% on Monday compared with the same day last month.”
After the Coronavirus pandemic subsides, some changes will remain permanent. For example, many people will continue to work from home. This means that the channel statistics will not completely go back to what they were before the pandemic.
The Increased Need for an Omni Channel Experience
Because the COVID-19 pandemic has decreased face-to-face interactions and increased online communication, the need to have effective digital channels that give customers more options and a better experience is more important than ever. This includes giving them an omni-channel experience that allows them to communicate with your company in various ways, including via email, live chat, phone, chatbots, and self-search resources.
With more businesses competing online for the attention of customers, the companies that can provide an effective and seamless omni-channel experience will stand out from the competition.
What Businesses Can Do to Optimize the Omni-Channel Experience
Here are some ways that you can optimize the omni-channel experience for your organization:
- Increase customer satisfaction and customer recommendations by improving the performance, information, navigation, and look and feel of each channel.
- Create efficient online systems that work well for both desktop and mobile devices.
- Keep up with changes during the pandemic, make updates to your channels as needed, and keep customers informed.
- Make changes to your marketing as needed to emphasize online, rather than in-person, shopping, and communication.
- Update information on your website, such as the FAQ page, which may need to be updated due to the pandemic.
- Give incentives to your in-person shoppers to become online shoppers. Give incentives to customers who have shopped with you online previously to continue to shop with you. Consider creating a program, such as a rewards program.
Track and Measure
Track and analyze the behavior and customer satisfaction of your customers during and after the pandemic. Observe which channels specific demographics prefer, what pages visitors are going to, and what information they are trying to find. You can use the data that you gather to optimize your channels and focus on delivering information that will resonate with your audience.
At CH Consulting group we can help you to build a seamless omni-channel experience for your customers to increase customer satisfaction and revenue for your company.
CH Consulting Group provides unparalleled expertise in the Contact Center and Customer Experience (CX) verticals. We have a nationwide team of industry veterans that can assist you to achieve exponential growth, manage change, and generate profit. For a comprehensive CX assessment and strategic plan customized for your unique business needs, connect with us here today.
- Omni-Channel: Your Presence is Required
- The Link Between Customer Journey Mapping and the Omni-Channel Experience
According to an ICMI trends report on Journey Mapping and the Omni-Channel experience, “CX has…
- The Lack of an Omni-Channel Strategy is Costing You Money
Is the lack of omni-channel strategy costing you money?